6/22/11

Couture Productions - Aggie Fest 2011

So, here's the performance Couture Models put on this past April as a part of the Aggie Fest celebration. Since the staging wasn't something that could be helped, due to school accommodations, I won't say much on that. However, the overall production was a good show. Couture does what they do best, banji-pump their way through and give a mix of burlesque and Golden Delight realness.





My only criticism are, of course with fashion, hot ideas, but the uniformity of clothing just takes away from the overall creativity. An example would be the nurses routine. The main clothing item that sticks out in my mind would be the glitter bras, so go with that, however, the girls in the routine don't have to have on the same bottoms, kinda makes it boring after a while. 





My other criticism is the overall theme. If I see one more Insane Asylum/Macabre theme from this troupe I'm going to throw a pump at their scene coordinator! If you're going to do all that, at least make it different each time. Look at Rihanna, she's been pushing S&M for two albums, one was dark and literal, then it went glam rock, then she made it all colorful and white latex. Can I get a poka-dot straight jacket or something? Other than that, it was a fun to watch spectacle. I expect more from CP though. 




1 comment:

MissDanniEmm said...

Hi,

I am trying to get in touch with the author of this blog in regard to a modeling event at UNC. Can you please post your contact info or send a message to conceptofcolors@unc.edu? Thank you.