12/2/10

Vike Nu Modeling Troupe Homecoming 2009

I decided to review this show because, well, because I wanted to. Lol.







I really wasn't impressed by the fashion for this show. It was store bought (except for the sparkinling glitter bras on the uniform unitards in the lengiere scene, and if you've read my article on fashion faux-pas made by troupes then you know how I already feel about this. I will say that they did a good job on making sure everyone had one black, red, white, and cream. I was devastated that in the 2nd part of the show, the men are in what? Nighties! Could have jazzed the guys up a lil more Vike Nu. Overall, I'd give them a 6.9/10

Stage Presence was good, a little over acting but it could have been worse. However, those walks on some of the females has to go! I'm talking about the eagle-wing flap that cannot be missed! 7/10

Production/Choreography was...well, I didn't see any props or backdrops. If this is for a Homecoming Event one should do well to put on a lovely spectacle, no? Choreography was original, but loose and messy. It didn't look clean at all and the first group routine relied on the same movements. The traffic runway could have been more powerful and tight. Others may say it's very Verge looking but I've seen Couture, Entourage, Epiphany, Mozik, Fasho, and others do the same so it's more of a motif than a rip-off. 7/10 (I gave them an extra point because it was an interpretation I haven't seen before)

The theme was not very inspiring to me. A wedding and a Beyonce tribute (which should have went HARDER in the name of Ms. Knowles). But back to this wedding, what is so unique and special about this everyday occurance? Please give us something that's unexpected with this wedding. Is the groom the son of zombie hookers who dress like Lady Gaga. That would be a great fashion look. 5/10

This performance gets a 64.75/100.
It was a cute show, but average and didn't push any boundaries for me.




No comments: