2/5/11

YouTube Personality Lonnie and MC RJ Speak Modeling Troupes and Ballroom Culture

My sista' girl directed me to this insightful interview on YouTube and you know I had to post it! *Thanks Sodom* Anyway, this interview was of ballroom MC RJ Balenciaga, who is a commentator and ballroom runway legend. The two discussed, amongst all things, the blurring fusion of modeling troupe and ballroom culture in the DMV area. Now you all know how I am in regards to this subject. I'm a purist and proud of it! So for this to be brought up and discussed is something I, and other traditional performance modeling enthusiasts, love and agree upon. I also can see how disrespectful it can be to label modeling troupe events and participants the same as the ballroom scene, seeing how the latter group has had to suffer for decades to manifests their creative talents. I just pray the troupes in North Carolina will continue to keep the separation between ballroom and performance modeling clear and distinct. They are two different worlds and each have their own rules and guidelines.

No comments: