2/25/11

O'Shea Couture ECSU Spring 2010

I'm at a loss for words right now...please forgive me for this speechless moment.
I have a lot to say about this performance. For one, I'll commend the choreographers on the difficulty and creativity of the routines. Good job to the models for pulling off said choreography. This show was good, but it was not GREAT!

For the entire time, the same genre of music played in the background, the same clothing was worn by the models all show long, and the energy was one long bar that didn't go up or down. The first time I saw this I admit to fast forwarding to the end because of this fact, I was bored. It's the same show put on by eastern North Carolina troupes who continue to emulate the DMV modeling style don't rely on their own personal inspirations. Not get me started on props! Yes, NC Triad (Greensboro, High-Point, and Winston-Salem) and Charlotte troupes have spoiled me when it comes to executing good overall staging. If only the rest of the state's groups would discover the magic a good backdrop can help manifest.

No comments: